Mold Assessment in Austin, TX
Every time one of our customers needs mold remediation in Austin, TX, we begin the process with mold assessment. Our assessment process involves determining how much mold is on your property and where it is coming from. Then, we discuss what needs to be done and what the treatment plan will involve.
Mold Treatment in Austin, TX
There are several different types of mold and mildew that can spread rapidly throughout your home, negatively impacting your family’s health. We specialize in:
- Kitchen mold & mildew
- Mold around vents
- Leaky ceilings/mold growth on ceilings
- Bathroom mold & mildew
- Garage mold & mildew
Mold Remediation Services in Austin, TX
If your property has a serious mold problem, treatment might not completely remediate everything. That’s why as part of our mold remediation in Austin, TX, we use industry-leading products and methods to actually remediation the mold — and ensure it stays gone for good!
Why Is There Mold In My Home?
If there’s mold or mildew in your house, don’t blame yourself. Chances are, this gross problem is not your fault. If your house has ever experienced a water leak or there is a location in your home that is always wet, you may have mold on your property that should be professionally remediated. Mold can grow behind walls, in attics and basements, along the edges of ceilings, and in many other spots. It’s not always obvious that you have mold lurking somewhere in your home, so it’s best to have professionals take a look and determine where exactly this menace is located.
Is It Safe to Live in a House With Mold?
Many homeowners ask us if it’s safe to live in a house with mold. The answer is complicated because it’s based on your individual situation. While some types of mold are more harmful than others, the CDC recommends remediating any mold you discover in your home.
Here are the three main mold classifications:
- Allergenic: These molds can trigger allergies and allergic reactions, including respiratory issues such as asthma attacks.
- Pathogenic: These molds can cause health problems for people who are immunocompromised or have otherwise vulnerable immune systems.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic substances or “spores” that can cause serious health conditions for even the healthiest homeowners. Because of this sinister tendency, this type is sometimes referred to as “toxic mold.”
How Can I Start Getting Rid of Mold Myself?
The best way to banish the moldy menace from your home is to book professional mold remediation services. However, you don’t have to wait for mold remediation companies to get started! Here are some DIY tips for getting rid of mold in your home:
- Always run vent fans after showering or bathing.
- Take the extra time to dry off sinks and kitchen tile after washing dishes or cooking.
- Clean and dry areas in your basement, crawl space, or cellar that collect moisture.
Important note: When working with mold or household chemicals, always wear the proper personal protective equipment, including gloves, protective eyewear, and respiratory protection.